Discover the essence of Texas in every spoonful of our TX Biltong Soup! A hearty and flavorful twist on a classic, perfect for chilly days.
- 4.5Oz butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ¼ cups beef stock
- 1 Cup grated cheddar cheese
- 8Oz finely chopped biltong
- 1/2 cup cream
How to rustle it up:
- Fire up your grill to medium-low heat.
- Grab a pan, toss in the butter and heat it up ‘til it melts.
- Add the flour and give it a good stir.
- Keep it on low heat for about a minute. Just make sure you don't let it burn, we ain't makin' charcoal here.
- Time to spice things up! Toss in the black pepper, nutmeg and ground coriander. While you're stirrin’, slowly add the milk and beef stock to the mix.
- Keep stirrin’ on low heat until the mixture thickens up. Should take you 'bout 15 minutes. Once it's done, take it off the heat.
- Stir in the grated cheddar and 7Oz finely chopped biltong. Keep it warm ‘til you're ready to serve, makin’ sure not to boil it.
- Stir in some cream to taste just before servin’.
- Don't forget to top each bowl with a generous sprinkle of biltong. Y'all enjoy now!