- 2 x 250g sheets frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- 250g smooth cream cheese
- 100g TX biltong slices (chopped)
- 1 egg (beaten
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Give your puff pastry a little extra love by rolling it out slightly thinner with a light dusting of flour.
- Get the cream cheese nice and spreadable by giving it a quick whirl in the microwave.
- Slather a thin layer of cream cheese all over each pastry sheet.
- Time to bring on the biltong goodness! Cut the pastry into even-sized strips and sprinkle our tasty TX chopped biltong all over. Gently pat it into the pastry to lock in the flavor.
- Twist the biltong-covered strips and pop them in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Brush the twists with some beaten egg, then sprinkle some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Pop ‘em in the oven for 15–20 minutes until they puff up and turn a beautiful golden color.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and dig in!